My friend Sheli invited me over today to make one of her favorite childhood Easter treats – Nana’s homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs!
Wildly addictive, these are easy to put together and even more fun to decorate. If you have kids, these are a perfect activity to keep them busy rolling and bedazzling!
Just a few ingredients melted and stirred will get you these yummy peanut butter fudge-like Easter eggs. No baking required!
P.S. I love that this picture was photo-bombed by one of the many sheep in Sheli’s collection!
*Some other options include: using vanilla or white chocolate pudding for white chocolate peanut butter eggs, reduce the sugar by using sugar free natural peanut butter and/or unsweetened almond milk.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 packages chocolate pudding - Cook & Serve (not instant)
- ½ cup milk (regular or almond)
- 1 lb. box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter or more if you want!
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chocolate pudding packages and mix.
- Add milk and combine until a nice smooth chocolate has formed.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar, whisking until smooth.
- Add 1 cup peanut butter and mix until a nice smooth dough has formed. Add more peanut butter to thicken the mixture if necessary. (The dough will be soft, but you should be able to roll it between your hands and it will stiffen when chilled.)
- Once cool enough to handle, roll into walnut sized eggs and roll in sprinkles or leave them plain. Maybe add a pretzel stick for a handheld option.
- Individually wrap them in Easter colored aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate until they have consistency of fudge. Or freeze them if you want to speed up that process!