As soon as the zucchini starts growing in my garden it I start adding it to everything. From zucchini noodles to this Zucchini Bread Oatmeal. It’s a simple breakfast with lots of fresh baked flavor!
This is an easy way to bring some fresh vegetables into your morning routine. Just grate some into your usual bowl of oatmeal – it adds a little bit of texture to your bowl and mimics the taste of zucchini bread!
How should you grate zucchini?
I always use a box grater and use the medium size grate. The smaller size grate is too mushy for my taste!
When you’re done making this, you can pop over and make my whole wheat zucchini walnut bread!
and don’t forget to PIN IT!
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup grated zucchini (I like the texture of a medium grate.)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chopped walnuts, to top
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar, to top
- drizzle of maple syrup, optional
- In a small pot, add milk/water, cinnamon and oats. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat, stirring a few times ~ 3 min.
- Add in the chia seeds and grated zucchini. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally about 4 min until desired texture is reached.
- When cooked, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and brown sugar. Top with chopped walnuts, sliced bananas and perhaps a drizzle of maple syrup.