I made this Cashew Noodle Salad while daydreaming of the summer days when I can pick all of these vegetables in my backyard.
In the winter months, you can make it with roasted vegetables, but once the fresh peppers and cucumbers hit, I switch on over to raw, crisp and bright veggies.
So besides the April snowstorm we got last night, spring is alive and well (at least inside my house).
With fresh herbs and vegetables on hand, a quick cold noodle salad is perfect for lunch! I’ve created a creamy cashew sauce with a little kick and topped it all with fresh cilantro which is essential to bring the flavors together.
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews + more to toast for topping the final dish
- 1 tb grated ginger
- 4 small/medium garlic cloves
- 2 Tb honey
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 9.5oz package of soba noodles (or other noodle of choice)
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a small cuisinart, finely mince garlic.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients except the cashews and blend until combined.
- Then add the raw cashews and blend until smooth or mostly smooth.
- Let the sauce sit while you prepare the noodles and veggies. You will blend it again right before mixing it with the noodles.
- Prepare noodles according to package instruction. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly toast a handful of cashews to top each noodle dish. Toast at 350F for about 5 min.
- Prepare all the fresh toppings.
- Toss noodles in sauce and add toppings.
- Season with salt, pepper and more sriracha if you prefer.
- Serve and Enjoy!