Berries are finally coming into season, mint is sprouting up all over my garden…it’s time for a Moroccan Mint Strawberry Smoothie.
Iced tea is a mainstay in my fridge and it translates easily into a base for a fruit smoothie. I find the best tea to use is mint. It gives you a blast of cool freshness on warm days!
Avocado did make its way into this smoothie. I normally do not use avocado, but I really wanted to try it. Skeptics abound – I did it. The avocado was unnoticeable (which made it healthy and delicious). It just added a rich, velvet texture – almost like whipped yogurt. I’m sold on it – at least in this smoothie!
- 1 cup brewed & sweetened Moroccan Mint Tea
- 1 cup fresh organic strawberries, fruit and leaves
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 Tb agave nectar or honey
- ½ Tb hemp seeds, optional
- Place everything except the hemp seeds into a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Adding more mint tea if needed.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds and a few slices of fresh strawberry.
What’s your favorite smoothie blend? I’m always looking for new ideas! Leave me a comment below!