This quick dinner recipe takes your basic baked sweet potato and stuffs it with an assortment of yum – black beans, banana chips, lime, cilantro and a creamy peanut sauce! These Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Peanut Sauce will change your sweet potato game!
Last week I participated in an Asian street food cooking class. We made fresh spring rolls, steamed bao buns, pickled veggies, wontons and they treated us to some delicious coconut ice cream. I’ll be adding some of these to the blog when I get around to making them again.
During class, we dipped our spring rolls in a couple different sauces – one was a simple peanut sauce. I have come to the conclusion that if you establish a good arsenal of versatile sauces, dinner is a cinch! I’ve been working on my favorites. Here are just a few: creamy tahini sauce, puttanesca sauce, thai peanut sauce and this cashew noodle sauce.
For these baked & stuffed sweet potatoes, I added black beans, cilantro, a drizzle of peanut sauce + some crushed peanuts, banana chips & a squeeze of lime. Sweet potato bliss!
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 4-5 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tsp sriracha pepper sauce
- ¾ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp kosher salt or soy sauce
- In a large bowl, mix the hot water, rice vinegar and sugar until completely dissolved.
- Add the sriracha and peanut butter. Whisk vigorously to emulsify. It will thicken as the sauce comes together and cools. If it's too thick, you can add a little extra hot water until you reach the consistency you desire.
- Add salt or soy sauce and taste. Add more sugar or sriracha if desired.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, baked
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 recipe peanut sauce, above
- ¼ cup crushed roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup roughly chopped banana chips (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Bake the sweet potatoes. About 40 min at 400F depending on the size your potatoes.
- Prepare the peanut sauce and other toppings while the potatoes are baking.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half, score with a knife and top with black beans, peanut sauce, cilantro, peanuts and banana chips.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over the top!