When you need a quick fix for dinner and you love spicy Asian noodles – this is your go to. Thai Curly Coconut Curry Noodles are LIGHTNING FAST + delicious!
Thai Curly Coconut Curry Noodles. Try to say that one a few times fast!
Curly noodles are like curly fries. Somehow the curliness makes them exceptional.
Different pasta shapes – in my opinion – change the flavor of a dish. Some may disagree, but there are definitely specific occasions to use penne versus spaghetti. The curly noodle may be an exception? Weigh in here…
I developed this dish after reading a recipe on the website of one of my favorite chef personalities – Sam the Cooking Guy. He’s a bundle of crazy fun and very entertaining. Plus he makes simple, delicious food. His recipe for Thai Curry Noodle Soup is tops on my yum-o-meter!
With a couple small tweaks, mushrooms and more curly noodle madness, I make it into a vegetarian bowl (vegan too).
This recipe takes 10 minutes to put together with a few pantry staples and fresh veggies. It will quickly become a household favorite! Give yourself a reason to stock your cupboard with curly noodles – you won’t be disappointed.
- 2.5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 13.5-ounce can organic coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 1.5 tsp Asian garlic chili sauce (I used Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh Chili Paste -- 18 oz)
- 5-ounce package Asian Gourmet Chuka soba curly noodles, uncooked (or any ramen)
- 3 cups thickly sliced mixed mushrooms (Baby Bella, Shitake, etc)
- salt to taste (about ½ -1 tsp)
- diced scallions, thinly sliced jalapenõs, diced red pepper, cilantro and limes for garnish
- Put broth, coconut milk, curry and chili sauce in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and add the noodles and mushrooms. I break the noodles in half to make them easier to submerge.
- In about 5 minutes, the noodles will be soft and the mushrooms tender.
- Absolutely don't forget to garnish with lots of green onions, sliced jalapeños, diced red pepper, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Stay in touch! Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest to get the latest!