The infamous avocado toast takes on roasted garlic. Results are as expected.
After traveling to Austin last summer, my avocado toast experiences have never been the same. See that finishing salt sprinkled on my toast – that’s Lenoir Finishing Salt. It amplifies the umami factor on everything. I’m already looking forward to the first bite of summer tomatoes with a sprinkle – it’s the best. A little mayo, a slice of a juicy heirloom tomato and Lenoir. By now you might think I sell this stuff out of the trunk of my car – nope – I just think anything that impacts my tastebuds like this needs to be touted.
Alas, it’s winter and the heirloom tomatoes are months away, but they’ve left us with garlic. And what better inspiration for new avocado toast ideas.
This winter version is just what you need to warm your belly. Lots of creamy + mellow roasted garlic, topped with avocado and of course, finishing salt.
Grab your garlic roaster and prepare for some delicious toasts ahead! And remember to add this recipe to your list of awesome Avocado Toast Ideas.
- 1 bulb roasted garlic, mashed *See Roasted Garlic post for instructions for easy roasting
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- salt and pepper - preferably something with a little zing - See Notes for Suggestions
- Toast the bread.
- Smear a nice tablespoon of roasted garlic on top.
- Add sliced avocado. Mash it if you'd like.
- Top with salt, pepper and seasonings. See notes.
You might wonder what else you can do with roasted garlic.
Check out my post for easy Roasted Garlic and 10 Ways to Use it!