Need an easy No Bake healthy snack that tastes like Peanut Butter Banana Bread?
Yep, these No Bake Peanut Butter Banana Bread Bites are
just the snack for banana bread lovers!
Using freeze-dried banana slices from Trader Joe’s that are crushed with a rolling pin or Cuisinart, the resulting banana powder is mixed right into healthy oat bran and spices. Mix in some peanut butter and sweetener to create an addictive little snack ball.
Some recipes use fresh banana, but those get mushy and don’t have much of a shelf life. These No Bake Peanut Butter Banana Bread Bites don’t have to be refrigerated and last much longer. Almond or cashew butter can also be used for these bites – although Peanut Butter + Banana are my favorite!
Like in these 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites.
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup (or honey)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract**
- ¼ cup oat bran
- 1 cup freeze dried banana slices, crushed and divided
- 1½ tsp cinnamon, divided
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground flax
- Place freeze dried bananas in a ziploc. Roll until crushed into powder with a rolling pin or use a Cuisinart.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 Tbs banana powder, 1 tsp of the cinnamon and a couple pinches of salt. Set aside. This is for dusting the rolled bites.
- Combine all remaining dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix peanut butter, vanilla and brown rice syrup together. Then add to dry ingredients.
- Mix until incorporated and dough comes together. It will be on the dry side.
- Using your hands, squeeze the dough into a ball and form. | TIP: damp hands will prevent the dough from sticking to your hands.
- Roll each bite in dusting mixture.
- Place in a tupperware. Refrigerate for longest shelf life.
**To really amp up the banana flavor, try adding a tsp of banana extract! Whoa!